YU, a Micromax subsidiary releases it’s latest model Yunicorn to the market. Coming to price, it starts with Rs.12,999 in India and $191 in USA. This is not released yet to the market and exclusively available in Flipkart from June 7, 2016 and already registrations are started. So, go through Yu Yunicorn complete specifications, advantages, disadvantages & price.
Expected Price: Rs. 12,999(India), $191(USA)
- 5.5 inches, IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- 13 MP Rear Camera & 5 MP Secondary camera
- 4 GB RAM
- Octa-core processor
- 4000 mAh battery
Advantages of Yu Yunicorn:
- YU Yunicorn runs on Android OS, v5.1.1(Lollipop)
- It represents 5.5 inches IPS LCD Capacitive touch screen with 16M Colors.
- It is packed with Mediatek MT6755 Helio P10 chipset.
- Constructed with Octa-core processor in which one Quad Core Cortex A53 clocked at 1.8 GHz and other Quad Core Cortex A53 clocked at 1.0 GHz.
- It is integrated with Mali-T860MP2 as it’s GPU which gives you better 3D experience in playing your games
- Supports Dual SIM feature in which both are for Nano- SIM’s.
- It is packed with 4 GB of RAM.
- It measures 153.3 x 75.4 x 8.5 mm dimensions.
- Its display comes with excellent pixel density of 401 pixels.
- Phone packs with 32 GB internal memory and can be expanded up to 128 GB via microSD support.
- Comes with 13 MP rear camera and 5 MP front facing camera for selfie lovers and with additional features like phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama.
- It comes with a special offer of Rs.400 in the Yu wallet and also the first free consultation on Lybrate.
- For SBI users, the first flash sale features a 10 percent cashback.
- Display has Full HD screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels.
- It has stunning screen-to-body ratio.
- Video recording feature available at 1080p@30fps.
- Available in Silver, graphite, gold color variants.
- It is powered with 4000 mAh battery capacity which is a Non removable battery device.
- Connectives on the phone include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, 3G,4G.
- It is incorporated with Fingerprint, accelerometer, proximity.
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic.
- Supports extra features like Photo/video editor, Document viewer.
- Design and build quality looks superb for its price.
Disadvantages of YU Yunicorn:
- Comes in outdated OS version, not Marshmallow.
- Not an user replaceable battery device.
- Bit heavy to carry.
- Hybrid MicroSD option as it uses SIM 2 Slot for memory expansion.
- No Protection features.
Model Name: Yunicorn
SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
Operating System: Android OS, v5.1.1(Lollipop)
Processor: Quad-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53
Chipset: Mediatek MT6755 Helio P10
Colors: Silver, graphite, gold
Accessories in Box: --
Touch Screen: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Display Size: 5.5 inches (~72.1% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density)
Other Display Features: Multitouch with Around YU 2.0
Dimensions: 153.3 x 75.4 x 8.5 mm
Weight: 172 g (6.07 oz)
Rear Camera: 13 MP
Front Camera: 5 MP
Video Recording: 1080p@30fps
Other Camera Features: phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
Type: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Talk Time: Up to 20 h (3G)
Standby Time: Up to 500 h (3G)
Memory & Storage
Internal: 32 GB
Expandable Memory: microSD, up to 128 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
RAM: 4 GB
3G: HSDPA 900 / 2100
4G: LTE band 3(1800), 5(850), 40(2300)
Wifi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
USB Connectivity: microUSB v2.0
Bluetooth: v4.1, A2DP
GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
Sensors: Fingerprint, accelerometer, proximity
Additional Features & Apps: Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, Document viewer, Photo/video editor
YU Yunicorn is just a mind blowing phone. It comes superb features like 4 GB RAM, 4000 mAh Battery, Octa Core Processor etc. We, personally suggest you to grab it...