Xiaomi launched Mi Max 2 which is a successor to last year’s big smartphone Mi Max into the market. The best price of new Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is ₹ 19,999/- in India and $ 310 in USA. Currently, this is not available for you to buy, but it will be available soon. If you are planning to buy Xiaomi Mi Max 2 you must be aware of its advantages, disadvantages, price and specifications.
Best Price: ₹ 19,999(India), $310(USA)
- 6.44 inches, IPS LCD Full HD display touchscreen
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- 12 MP Rear Camera & 5 MP Secondary camera
- 4 GB RAM
- Octa-core processor
- 5300 mAh battery
Advantages of Xiaomi Mi Max 2:
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 comes with latest Android OS, v7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Presents 6.44-inch Full HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with Multitouch in it
- It provides 4 GB RAM for multitasking.
- It was equipped with Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 processor.
- It was integrated with Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 chipset that was built on 14nm.
- Supports Dual-SIM feature but it comes with hybrid SIM slot.
- Brings an internal memory of 64/128 GB and supports memory extension up to 256 GB.
- Comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 as it’s screen protection feature.
- Comes with 12 MP rear camera and 5 MP front facing camera and with features like phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, 1/2.9″ sensor size, 1.25 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama.
- It has great screen to body ratio which gives you wide look of your screen.
- Its display has Full HD resolution (1080 x 1920 pixels)
- It supports video recording at 1080p, 720p @ 120fps.
- It has a battery capacity of 5300 mAh which is really an extraordinary feature. Minimum 2 days guaranteed with normal usage.
- Supports almost all connectives like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, 3G,4G, NFC
- It comes with additional features like Document viewer, Photo/video editor, Fast battery charging: 83% in 30 min (Quick Charge 3.0), Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Supports rich no. of sensors like Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Design and build quality changed a lot when compared with Mi Max. As new Mi Max 2 looks like iPhone 7 in some angles .
Disadvantages of Xiaomi Mi Max 2:
- Even though it comes with latest Snapdragon 625 chip which is made on 14nm. Last year’s Mi Max is more powerful in gaming and multitasking which runs on Snapdragon 650.
- It is very heavy to carry and single handed usage is difficult.
- It comes with Hybrid SIM slot. So you can’t use your memory card and dual SIM at a time.
- This is a Non Removable Battery Device.
- Available in only gold color.
- No FM Radio supported.
Model Name: Mi Max 2
SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM/ Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
Operating System: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
Processor: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625
Accessories in Box: --
Touch Screen: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Display Size: 6.44 inches (~74.0% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels (~342 ppi pixel density)
Other Display Features: Corning Gorilla Glass 4, Multitouch
Dimensions: 174.1 x 88.7 x 7.6 mm (6.85 x 3.49 x 0.30 in)
Weight: 211 g (7.44 oz)
Rear Camera: 12 MP, f/2.2
Front Camera: 5 MP, f/2.0
Video Recording: 2160p@30fps, 720p@120fps
Other Camera Features: phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, 1/2.9
Type: Non-removable Li-Ion 5300 mAh battery
Talk Time: --
Standby Time: --
Memory & Storage
Internal: 64/128 GB
Expandable Memory: microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 1 slot)
RAM: 4 GB RAM
Wifi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
USB Connectivity: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE
GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
FM: To be confirmed
Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Additional Features & Apps: Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0)
USA: $ 310
India: ₹ 19,999
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 comes with superb features. It's battery is outstanding and it will lasts for minimum 2 days. If you like big screen smartphones you can grab this latest smartphone from Xiaomi.