vivo NEX high-end smartphone launched into the market. Check out vivo NEX advantages (Pros), disadvantages (Cons), problems and drawbacks/defects before purchasing. Currently, this is available in the Indian market for you to buy.
Expected Price: Rs.44,400(India), $699(USA)
vivo NEX Advantages (Pros):
- vivo NEX comes with Android OS, 8.1 (Oreo).
- It offers 6.59-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with a stunning screen-to-body ratio of 86.0% and Multitouch in it.
- Its display has good pixel density for its resolution(~388 PPI) with 19.3:9 aspect ratio.
- It comes with dual SIM slot which supports only Nano SIM
- It provides 8 GB of RAM for uninterrupted multitasking with Funtouch OS 4.
- vivo NEX has equipped with powerful Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 Chipset and the performance is very smooth with no lags.
- It encompasses with Octa-core processor and Adreno 630 GPU. So gaming performance is good.
- It is incorporated with 128/256 GB internal memory and no expandable memory support.
- It offers Dual 12 MP(f/1.8, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, 4-axis OIS, dual pixel PDAF) + 5 MP(f/2.4, depth sensor) rear camera with additional features like Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama.
- It comes with pop up 8 MP, f/2.0 secondary camera.
- Supports Quad HD video recording at 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps.
- Supports 3.5 mm Audio Jack at 32-bit/192kHz audio and comes with active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- It has the battery capacity of 4000 mAh(Non-removable) which is good for full day battery backup and also supports Fast battery charging 22W.
- Supports almost all connectives like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, 3G, 4G.
- Supports sensors like Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass.
- It is available in Black & Red colors to choose.
vivo NEX Disadvantages (Cons):
- Weighs heavy which is nearly 200 g.
- No display protection like gorilla glass.
- Very few colors to choose from, just 2.
- No NFC support.
- No FM Radio support.
- No microSD slot to expand the memory.
- No wireless charging support.
- No stereo speakers for the better multimedia experience.
Check out vivo NEX Specifications:
|SIM Type||Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|Operating System||Android OS, v8.1|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845|
|Processor||(4×2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)|
|Accessories in Box||—|
|Display & Dimensions|
|Touch Screen||Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||6.59 inches, 107.3 cm2 (~86.0% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1080 x 2316 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~388 ppi density)|
|Dimensions||162 x 77 x 8 mm (6.38 x 3.03 x 0.31 in)|
|Weight||199 g (7.02 oz)|
|Other Display Features||Multi-Touch with Funtouch OS 4|
|Main Camera||12 MP, f/1.8, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, 4-axis OIS, dual pixel PDAF
5 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
|Other Main Features||Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama|
|Selfie Camera||Pop-up 8 MP|
|Other Selfie Features||f/2.0|
|Video Recording||2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps|
|RAM and Storage|
|Internal Memory||128/256 GB|
|Type||Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery|
|Internet & Connectivity|
|Wifi||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|USB Connectivity||2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, BDS, GNSS|
|Sensors||Fingerprint (under-display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass|
|Additional Features & Apps||Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, Fast battery charging 22W|
Disclaimer: We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. Source
Check out Oppo Find X features which is a competitor to Nex
vivo NEX smartphone comes with superb features & performance for its price. It excels in all the departments but misses some important features that we mentioned in the cons. We suggest grabbing this mobile if you are looking for a good flagship mobile.