Sony comes up with a new budget smart phone called Xperia XZ to the market. Sony Xperia XZ is the first mobile to use new signature design and naturally this must come with a special signature color called Forest Blue. Rumor is that Apple phone already used it, But Xperia XZ is the first mobile to implement it. Currently, this is available in Amazon for you to buy. So, Check it’s complete advantages, disadvantages, price and specifications.
Best Price: Rs.47,429(India), $697(USA)
- Android OS, v6.0.1(marshmallow), planned upgrade to v7.0(Nougat)
- IPS LCD Capacitive touch screen, 16M Colors
- Quad Core Processor.
- 2900 mAh Battery
- 3 GB RAM.
- 23 MP rear camera, 13 MP secondary camera
Advantages of Sony Xperia XZ:
- Sony Xperia XZ comes with latest Android OS, v6.0.1(Marshmallow), planned upgrade to v7.0(Nougat)
- Presents 5.2-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen and Multitouch in it
- It provides 3 GB RAM.
- It encompasses with Quad-core (2×2.15 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo) processor
- It is equipped with Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 Chipset
- Brings an internal memory of 32/64 GB and expandable memory supported with upto 256 GB(uses dedicated slot)
- Comes with 23 MP rear camera and 13 MP front facing camera and with additional features like phase detection and laser autofocus, LED flash, 1/2.3″ sensor size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama.
- It comes with triple image sensing technology which helps you to analyze, adapt and captures perfect shots at different challenging conditions and those sensors are Imaging Sensor, Laser AF sensor, RGBC-IP sensor.
- Its display has stunning pixel density for its resolution (~424 ppi pixel density) which is required.
- Full HD video recording at 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, 1080p@60fps.
- Comes with IP68 certified – dust proof and water resistant over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes.
- Comes with Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version) as a screen protection feature.
- Comes in multiple color variants like Mineral black, Platinum, Forest blue, Deep pink.
- It has an average battery capacity of 2900 mAh which is just average for this range.
- Performance is extra-ordinary with no lags
- Supports almost all connectives like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, 3G, 4G, NFC
- It comes with additional features like Document viewer, Photo editor/viewer, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Supports sensors like Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, color spectrum
- Design is impressive and looks stylish
Disadvantages of Sony Xperia XZ:
- Comes as Non Removable Battery Device.
- Battery Capacity need to be improved.
- Little bit heavy to carry.
- No FM Radio supported.
- Not Quad HD Display
Model Name: Xperia XZ
SIM Type: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
Operating System: Android OS, v6.0.1(Marshmallow), planned upgrade to v7.0(Nougat)
Processor: Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo)
Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820
Colors: Mineral black, Platinum, Forest blue, Deep pink
Accessories in Box: --
Touch Screen: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Display Size: 5.2 inches (~70.9% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels (~424 ppi pixel density)
Other Display Features: Multitouch with Triluminos display & Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version) protection & IP68 certified - dust proof and water resistant over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
Dimensions: 146 x 72 x 8.1 mm
Weight: 161 g (5.68 oz)
Rear Camera: 23 MP
Front Camera: 13 MP
Video Recording: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, 1080p@60fps
Other Camera Features: phase detection and laser autofocus, LED flash, 1/2.3
Type: Non-removable Li-Ion 2900 mAh battery
Talk Time: Up to 11 h 40 min (2G) / Up to 17 h 30 min (3G)
Standby Time: Up to 600 h (2G) / Up to 610 h (3G)
Memory & Storage
Internal: 32 GB / 64 GB
Expandable Memory: microSD, up to 256 GB(uses dedicated slot)
RAM: 3 GB
3G: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - F8331, F8332
4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 32(1500), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) - F8331, F8332
Wifi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
USB Connectivity: v2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector; USB Host
Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP, aptX, LE
GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS/ BDS (region dependent)
Sensors: Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, color spectrum
Additional Features & Apps: Document viewer, Photo editor/viewer, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0)
Sony Xperia XZ comes with stunning features, not disappointing sony mobile lovers. It comes with 3 GB RAM, Quad Core processor etc. We suggest this, if you're looking for high end smart phone.