Samsung Galaxy S9 high-end smartphone launched into the market. So, check out Samsung Galaxy S9 advantages (Pros), disadvantages (Cons), problems and drawbacks/defects before purchasing. Samsung Galaxy S9 price in India is around Rs.57,999 and $799 in the USA. Currently, it is available on online shopping sites like Flipkart, Amazon to buy.
Best Price: Rs.57,999(India), $799(USA)
Samsung Galaxy S9 Key Features:
- Android OS, v8.0(Oreo).
- 5.8 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M Colors.
- 12 MP rear camera, 8 MP secondary camera.
- Octa Core processor and Snapdragon 845/Exynos 9810 chipset.
- 4 GB RAM and 64 GB Internal Memory
- 3000 mAh Battery
Samsung Galaxy S9 Advantages (Pros):
- Samsung Galaxy S9 comes with latest Android OS, v8.0(Oreo).
- Presents 5.8-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with HDR10 compliant, 3D Touch (home button only), Always-on display and Multitouch in it.
- Its display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- It has a good screen-to-body ratio for the better viewing experience.
- Samsung Galaxy S9 display has good pixel density for its Quad HD resolution (~570 PPI pixel density)
- It supports Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by).
- It provides 4 GB RAM for multitasking.
- It encompasses Octa-core processor.
- Samsung Galaxy S9 has equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 845/Exynos 9810 Chipset.
- Brings an internal memory of 64/128/256 GB and expandable memory is supported up to 400 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual SIM model only.
- It offers 12 MP rear camera with additional features like (f/1.5-2.4, 26mm, 1/2.5″, 1.4 µm, Dual Pixel PDAF), phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash, Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- It offers 8 MP front-facing camera with additional features like (f/1.7, 25mm, 1/3.6″, 1.22 µm), autofocus, 1440p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR.
- Supports full HD video recording at 2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR, dual-video rec..
- It has the battery capacity of 3000 mAh which is good for heavy usage.
- Performance is very smooth with no lags.
- Supports almost all connectives like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, 3G, 4G, NFC.
- Supports sensors like Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2.
- Design and build quality are great.
- It offers great and loud stereo speakers.
- Supports FM radio (USA & Canada only) – To be confirmed.
- It is available in Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray, Lilac Purple colors to choose.
- Samsung Galaxy S9 additional features mentioned below.
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Samsung DeX (desktop experience support)
- Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0)
- Qi/PMA wireless charging (market dependent)
- ANT+ support
- Bixby natural language commands and dictation
- IP68 certified – dust/waterproof over 1.5 meters and 30 minutes
- Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
Samsung Galaxy S9 Disadvantages (Cons):
- No dual camera set up.
- Battery capacity is good, but it should have been better.
Check out Samsung Galaxy S9 Specifications:
|Model Name||Galaxy S9|
|SIM Type||Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|Operating System||Android 8.0|
|Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon 845/ Exynos 9810|
|Processor||Octa-core (4×2.7 GHz Mongoose M3 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55) – EMEA
Octa-core (4×2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver) – USA & China
|GPU||Mali-G72 MP18 – EMEA
Adreno 630 – USA & China
|Colors||Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray, Lilac Purple|
|Accessories in Box||—|
|Display & Dimensions|
|Touch Screen||Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||5.8 inches, 84.8 cm2 (~83.6% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1440 x 2960 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~570 ppi density)|
|Dimensions||147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5 mm (5.81 x 2.70 x 0.33 in)|
|Weight||163 g (5.75 oz)|
|Other Display Features||Multi-Touch, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, HDR10 compliant, 3D Touch (home button only), Always-on display|
|Primary Camera||12 MP|
|Secondary Camera||8 MP (f/1.7, 25mm, 1/3.6″, 1.22 µm), autofocus, 1440p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR|
|Video Recording||2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR, dual-video rec.|
|Other Camera Features||(f/1.5-2.4, 26mm, 1/2.5″, 1.4 µm, Dual Pixel PDAF), phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash, Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama|
|RAM and Storage|
|Internal Memory||64/128/256 GB|
|Expandable Memory||microSD, up to 400 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual SIM model only|
|Type||Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery|
|Internet & Connectivity|
|Wifi||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|USB Connectivity||3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO|
|FM||(USA & Canada only) – To be confirmed|
|Sensors||Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2|
|Additional Features & Apps||Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, Samsung DeX (desktop experience support), Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0), Qi/PMA wireless charging (market dependent), ANT+ support, Bixby natural language commands and dictation, IP68 certified – dust/waterproof over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes, Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified).|
Disclaimer: We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. Source
Check out Samsung Galaxy Note 8 features which is a competitor to Galaxy S9
Samsung Galaxy S9 smartphone comes with stunning features & performance for its price. It excels in all the departments and gives complete value to the money, we suggest grabbing this mobile if you are looking for a good flagship mobile.