Samsung Galaxy Note 9 high-end smartphone launched into the market. So, check out Samsung Galaxy Note 9 advantages (Pros), disadvantages (Cons), problems and drawbacks/defects before purchasing. Currently, it is available on online shopping sites like Amazon to buy.
Best Price: Rs.67,900(India), $929(USA)
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Advantages (Pros):
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 comes with latest Android OS, v8.1(Oreo).
- It offers 6.4-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with a good screen-to-body ratio of 83.4% and Multitouch in it.
- Its display has superb pixel density for its Quad HD resolution(~516 PPI) with 18.5:9 aspect ratio.
- The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Supports Dolby Vision/HDR10 compliant and Always-on display.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 comes with Stylus(Bluetooth integration) for easy user Interface and this is an IP68 water/dust proof up to 1.5m for 30 mins.
- It is built with glass front/back that is made up of Gorilla Glass 5 and surrounded by the aluminum frame.
- It supports only single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by).
- It provides 6/8 GB of RAM for uninterrupted multitasking.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 has equipped with powerful Exynos 9810 Octa – EMEA or Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 – USA Chipset and the performance is a stunner with this chipset.
- It encompasses with Octa-core processor and Adreno 630 or Mali-G72 MP18 GPU. So gaming performance is stunning.
- Brings an internal memory of 128/512 GB and expandable memory is supported up to 512 GB (uses SIM 2 slot for Dual SIM model).
- It offers Dual 12 MP (f/1.5-2.4, 26mm, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS) + 12 MP (f/2.4, 52mm, 1/3.4″, 1µm, AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom) rear camera with additional features like LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama.
- It offers 8 MP front-facing camera with additional features like f/1.7, 25mm, 1/3.6″, 1.22µm, AF, Dual video call, Auto-HDR.
- Supports quad HD video recording at 2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR video, dual-video.
- It has the battery capacity of 4000 mAh(Non-removable) which is good for heavy usage. Supports Fast battery charging(Quick charge 2.0) and Wireless charging.
- Supports almost all connectives like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, 3G, 4G, NFC.
- Supports sensors like Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- It is available in Metallic copper, Lavender purple, Ocean blue, Midnight black colors to choose.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 supports additional features like Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, Samsung DeX (desktop experience support), ANT+ support, Bixby natural language commands.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Disadvantages (Cons):
- Comes with hybrid SIM slot. So you can’t use both SIM cards and microSD card at a time.
- Heavy to carry.
Check out Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Specifications:
|Model Name||Galaxy Note 9|
|SIM Type||Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|Operating System||Android 8.1|
|Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon 845|
|Processor||Octa-core (4×2.7 GHz Mongoose M3 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55) – EMEA
Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver) – USA/LATAM, China
|GPU||Mali-G72 MP18 – EMEA
Adreno 630 – USA/LATAM, China
|Colors||Metallic copper, Lavender purple, Ocean blue, Midnight black|
|Accessories in Box||—|
|Display & Dimensions|
|Touch Screen||Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||6.4 inches, 103.2 cm2 (~83.4% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1440 x 2960 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~516 ppi density)|
|Dimensions||161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8 mm (6.37 x 3.01 x 0.35 in)|
|Weight||201 g (7.09 oz)|
|Build||Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame|
|Other Display Features||Multi-Touch, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, HDR10 compliant, Always-on display|
|Main Camera||12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS
12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm, 1/3.4″, 1µm, AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom
|Other Main Features||LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama|
|Selfie Camera||8 MP|
|Other Selfie Features||Dual video call, Auto-HDR|
|Video Recording||2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR, dual-video rec.|
|RAM and Storage|
|Internal Memory||128/512 GB|
|Expandable Memory||microSD, up to 512 GB (uses SIM2 slot for Dual SIM model phones)|
|Type||Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery|
|Internet & Connectivity|
|Wifi||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot|
|USB Connectivity||3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS|
|Sensors||Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2|
|Additional Features & Apps||Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, Samsung DeX (desktop experience support), Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0), Qi/PMA wireless charging (market dependent), ANT+ support, Bixby natural language commands and dictation.|
Disclaimer: We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. Source
Check out Oppo Find X features which is a competitor to Note 9
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 smartphone comes with superb features & performance for its price. It excels in all the departments, we suggest grabbing this mobile if you are looking for a good flagship mobile.