Samsung launched a new high end flap ship smart phone called Galaxy Note 8 with full bezel less display in to the market. The price is around Rs.67,999/- in India and $899 in USA. Currently it is available in Amazon online shopping site to buy. Samsung hopes high on this note model, because it is a successor to discontinued note 7. So, check out Samsung Galaxy Note 8 complete advantages, disadvantages, price & specifications.
Best Price: Rs.67,999(India), $899(USA)
- Android OS, v7.1.1(Nougat).
- 6.3 inch Super AMOLED Quad HD Capacitive touch screen, 16M Colors.
- Dual 12 MP rear camera, 8 MP secondary camera.
- Octa Core processor and Snapdragon 835 chip set.
- 6 GB RAM
- 3300 mAh Battery
Advantages of Samsung Galaxy Note 8:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 comes with Android OS, v7.1.1(Nougat).
- Presents 6.3-inch Super AMOLED Quad HD capacitive touchscreen with full bezel less display, Dolby Vision/HDR10 compliant, Always-on display and Multitouch in it.
- Its display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- It provides 6 GB RAM for multitasking.
- It encompasses with Octa-core processor.
- It is equipped with Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 Chipset/ Exynos 8895 Octa – EMEA.
- Brings an internal memory of 64/128/256 GB and expandable memory is supported up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual SIM model only.
- Comes with Dual 12 MP rear camera with additional features like (26mm, f/1.7, PDAF & 52mm, f/2.4, AF), OIS, autofocus, 2x optical zoom, LED flash, Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama..
- It offers 8 MP front facing camera with additional features like f/1.7, autofocus, 1/3.6″ sensor size, 1.22 µm pixel size, 1440p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR.
- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by).
- Its display has good pixel density for its Quad HD resolution (~521 ppi pixel density).
- It has awesome screen-to-body ratio .
- Quad HD video recording at 2160p@30fps.
- It has good battery capacity of 3300 mAh which is just moderate for heavy usage.
- Performance is good with no lags.
- Supports almost all connectives like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, 3G, 4G, NFC.
- Supports sensors like Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- Design and build quality is great.
- It is available in Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey, Deep Sea Blue, Star Pink (Taiwan only) colors to choose.
- It supports additional features like Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0) and IP68 certified – dust/water proof over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes, Samsung Desktop Experience support, Qi/PMA wireless charging (market dependent), ANT+ support, Bixby natural language commands and dictation.
- Its unique feature among all other smartphones is its Stylus. You can do so many amazing things with that Stylus, it is always an added advantage.
Disadvantages of Samsung Galaxy Note 8:
- Fingerprint placement is not good.
- Battery back up is moderate.
- No stereo speakers.
- Doesn’t launch with the latest Android OS 8.0 (Oreo).
Check out specifications of Samsung Galaxy Note 8:
|Model Name||Galaxy Note 8|
|SIM Type||Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|Operating System||Android 7.1.1(Nougat)|
|Processor||Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz & 4×1.7 GHz) – EMEA
Octa-core (4×2.35 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo) – USA & China
|Chipset||Exynos 8895 Octa – EMEA
Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 – USA & China
|Colors||Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey, Deep Sea Blue, Star Pink (Taiwan only)|
|Accessories in Box||—|
|Display & Dimensions|
|Touch Screen||Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||6.3 inches, 101.1 cm2 (~83.2% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1440 x 2960 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~521 ppi density)|
|Dimensions||162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6 mm (6.40 x 2.94 x 0.34 in)|
|Weight||195 g (6.88 oz)|
|Other Display Features||Multi Touch, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, Dolby Vision/HDR10 compliant, Always-on display|
|Primary Camera||Dual 12 MP|
|Secondary Camera||8 MP|
|Video Recording||2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps|
|Other Camera Features||(26mm, f/1.7, PDAF & 52mm, f/2.4, AF), OIS, autofocus, 2x optical zoom, LED flash, Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama|
|Type||Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery|
|Talk Time||Up to 22 h (3G)|
|Memory and Storage|
|Expandable Memory||microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual SIM model only|
|Memory||6 GB RAM|
|Internet & Connectivity|
|Wifi||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot|
|USB Connectivity||3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, EDR, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS|
|Sensors||Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2|
|Additional Features & Apps||Stylus, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0) and IP68 certified – dust/water proof over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes, Samsung Desktop Experience support, Qi/PMA wireless charging (market dependent), ANT+ support, Bixby natural language commands and dictation|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Price in India is Rs.67,999/-|
Disclaimer: We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
Check out LG V30 features which is a competitor to Galaxy Note 8
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 smartphone comes with great full bezel less display, great features, stylus and performance for it's price. It has moderate battery apart from that it was extraordinary in all the things. We suggest this mobile if your budget is above 50K.....