Samsung Galaxy J8 mid-range smartphone launched into the market. So, check out Samsung Galaxy J8 advantages (Pros), disadvantages (Cons), problems and drawbacks/defects before purchasing. Samsung Galaxy J8 price in India is around Rs.18,999 and $299 in the USA. Currently, it is available on online shopping sites like Flipkart, Amazon to buy.
Best Price: Rs.18,999(India), $299(USA)
Samsung Galaxy J8 Key Features:
- Android OS, v8.0(Oreo).
- 6.0 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M Colors.
- Dual 16 MP + 5 MP rear camera, 16 MP secondary camera.
- Octa-Core processor and Snapdragon 450 chipset.
- 4 GB RAM and 64 GB Internal Memory
- 3500 mAh Battery
Samsung Galaxy J8 Advantages (Pros):
- Samsung Galaxy J8 comes with latest Android OS, v8.0(Oreo).
- Presents 6.0-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen and Multitouch in it.
- It has a good screen-to-body ratio for the better viewing experience.
- Samsung Galaxy J8 display has good pixel density for its HD+ resolution (~274 PPI pixel density)
- It supports Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by).
- It provides 4 GB RAM for multitasking.
- It encompasses with Octa-core processor.
- Samsung Galaxy J8 has equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 Chipset.
- Brings an internal memory of 64 GB and expandable memory is supported up to 256 GB (uses dedicated slot).
- It offers Dual 16 MP (f/1.7, AF) + 5 MP (f/1.9) rear camera with additional features like LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR
- It offers 16 MP front-facing camera with additional features like f/1.9, LED flash.
- Supports full HD video recording at 1080p@30fps.
- It has the battery capacity of 3500 mAh which is great for heavy usage.
- Performance is smooth with no lags.
- Supports almost all connectives like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, 3G, 4G.
- Supports sensors like Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity.
- Design and build quality are average.
- It offers great and loudspeakers.
- Supports FM radio.
- It is available in Black, Gold, Blue colors to choose.
- Samsung Galaxy J8 supports additional features like Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic.
Samsung Galaxy J8 Disadvantages (Cons):
- Costly for its features.
- No Full HD display.
- Comes with an ordinary plastic build.
- No display protection like gorilla glass.
- No stereo speakers for the better multimedia experience.
- No NFC connectivity support.
- Many sensors are missing like gyro, compass.
- Snapdragon 450 is underpowered for its hefty price.
- No fast charging support.
Check out Samsung Galaxy J8 Specifications:
|Model Name||Galaxy J8|
|SIM Type||Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|Operating System||Android 8.0|
|Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon 450|
|Processor||Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53|
|Colors||Black, Gold, Blue|
|Accessories in Box||—|
|Display & Dimensions|
|Touch Screen||Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Resolution||720 x 1480 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~274 ppi density)|
|Dimensions||159.2 x 75.7 x 8.2 mm|
|Other Display Features||Multi-Touch|
|Primary Camera||Dual 16 MP (f/1.7, AF) + 5 MP (f/1.9)|
|Secondary Camera||16 MP, f/1.9, LED flash|
|Other Camera Features||LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR|
|RAM and Storage|
|Internal Memory||64 GB|
|Expandable Memory||microSD, up to 256 GB (uses dedicated slot)|
|Type||Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery|
|Internet & Connectivity|
|Wifi||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|USB Connectivity||microUSB 2.0|
|Bluetooth||4.2, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS|
|Sensors||Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity|
|Additional Features & Apps||Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic.|
Disclaimer: We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. Source
Check out Redmi Note 5 Pro features which is a competitor to Galaxy J8
Samsung Galaxy J8 smartphone comes with average features & performance for its price. There are so many cons in this smartphone, we suggest to check other mobiles if you are looking for a good mobile round 20K.