Samsung Galaxy J2 Core low-end smartphone launched into the market. So, check out Samsung Galaxy J2 Core advantages (Pros), disadvantages (Cons), problems and drawbacks/defects before purchasing. Currently, it is available on online shopping sites like Flipkart, Amazon to buy.
Best Price: R 5,999(India), $99(USA)
Samsung Galaxy J2 CoreAdvantages (Pros):
- Samsung Galaxy J2 Core comes with latest Android OS, v8.1(Oreo) Go edition.
- It offers 5.0-inch capacitive touchscreen with a screen-to-body ratio of 66.7% and Multitouch in it.
- Its display has average pixel density for its resolution (~220 PPI) with 16:9 aspect ratio.
- The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass ( Unspecified version).
- The device is very lightweight to carry with just 154g and 8.9 mm in thickness.
- It supports Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by).
- It provides 1 GB of RAM.
- Samsung Galaxy J2 Core has equipped with Exynos 7570 Quad (14 nm) chipset and the performance is moderate with no lags.
- It encompasses with Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 and Mali-T720 GPU and the gaming performance is not so great.
- Brings an internal memory of 8 GB and expandable memory is supported up to 256 GB (uses dedicated slot).
- It offers a single front camera with 8MP (AF, f/2.2) with additional features like LED flash, HDR, panorama.
- It offers 5 MP front-facing camera with additional features like f/2.2.
- Supports full HD video recording at 1080p@30fps.
- It has the battery capacity of 2600 mAh(Removable) which is good for normal usage.
- Supports almost all connectives like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, 3G, 4G.
- Supports sensors like Accelerometer, proximity.
- It offers great loudspeakers.
- Supports FM radio.
- It is available in Black, Gold and Blue colors to choose.
Samsung Galaxy J2 CoreDisadvantages (Cons):
- Costly for its features.
- Low RAM and multitasking is worst.
- Very poor display, not even HD.
- Performance is not smooth and heating problems.
- Come with old Bluetooth 4.2 version. The latest is Bluetooth 5.0.
- No USB Type C reversible connector support
- No stereo speakers for the better multimedia experience.
- Many sensors are missing like fingerprint, gyro etc.
- Old design style nothing great.
- No fast charging support.
Check out Samsung Galaxy J2 Core Specifications:
|Model Name||J2 Core|
|Operating System||Android 8.1|
|Chipset||Exynos 7570 Quad (14 nm)|
|Processor||Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53|
|Colors||Black, Gold, Blue|
|Accessories in Box||—|
|Display & Dimensions|
|Touch Screen||Capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||5.0 inches, 68.9 cm2 (~66.7% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||540 x 960 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~220 ppi density)|
|Dimensions||143.4 x 72.1 x 8.9 mm (5.65 x 2.84 x 0.35 in)|
|Weight||154 g (5.43 oz)|
|Other Display Features||Multi-Touch, Corning Gorilla Glass|
|Main Camera||8 MP,(AF, f/2.2)|
|Other Main Features||LED flash, HDR, panorama|
|Selfie Camera||5 MP|
|Other Selfie Features||f/2.2|
|RAM and Storage|
|Internal Memory||8 GB|
|Expandable Memory||microSD, up to 256 GB (uses dedicated slot)|
|Type||Removable Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery|
|Internet & Connectivity|
|Wifi||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|USB Connectivity||microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS|
|Additional Features & Apps||—|
Disclaimer: We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. Source
Check out Redmi 6A features which is a competitor to J2 Core
Samsung Galaxy J2 Core comes with very poor features for its price. There are many smartphones in the market around 6k which offers better value. So we suggest avoiding this.