OnePlus 9 high-end smartphone launched into the market. So, check out OnePlus 9 advantages (Pros), disadvantages (Cons), problems, and drawbacks/defects before purchasing. Currently, it is available on online shopping sites like Flipkart, Amazon to buy.
Best Price: Rs.49,999(India), $599(USA)
OnePlus 9 Advantages (Pros):
- OnePlus 9 comes with the latest OS Android 11, OxygenOS 126.96.36.199.
- It offers a 6.55-inch Fluid AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1100 nits (peak) with a good screen-to-body ratio of 87.6% and Multitouch in it.
- Its display has good pixel density for its full HD resolution(~402 PPI) with a 20:9 aspect ratio.
- The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Supports Always-on display.
- OnePlus 9 comes with an OxygenOS user interface which offers great features.
- It is built with a glass front/back that is made up of Gorilla Glass 5 and surrounded by a plastic frame.
- The device is very lightweight to carry with just 183g and 8.1 mm in thickness.
- It supports Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by).
- It supports 5G connectivity for faster internet speeds.
- OnePlus 9 has equipped with a powerful Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm) Chipset and the performance is very smooth with no lags.
- It encompasses with Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680 processor and Adreno 660 GPU. So gaming performance is stunning.
- It provides 8, 12 GB of RAM for uninterrupted multitasking.
- Brings an internal memory of 128, 256 GB.
- It offers a Triple 48 MP, f/1.8, 23mm (wide), 1/1.43″, 1.12µm, omnidirectional PDAF, 50 MP, f/2.2, 14mm (ultrawide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, AF, 2 MP, f/2.4, (monochrome) rear camera with additional features like Hasselblad Color Calibration, dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama.
- The main camera supports quad HD video recording at 8K@30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, Auto HDR, gyro-EIS.
- It offers a Single 16 MP, f/2.4, (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.0µm front-facing camera with additional features like Auto-HDR.
- The selfie camera supports full HD video recording at 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS.
- It has a battery capacity of Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable which is good for heavy usage. Supports Fast charging 65W, 1-100% in 29 min (advertised), Fast wireless charging 15W (EU/NA only), USB Power Delivery.
- Supports other connectives like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type C, 3G, 4G, NFC.
- Supports sensors like Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum.
- It offers great stereo loudspeakers.
- OnePlus 9 is available in Winter Mist, Arctic Sky, Astral Black colors to choose from.
- It supports additional features like IP68 (T-Mobile version only).
OnePlus 9 Disadvantages (Cons):
- Comes with only a full HD display, no quad HD display.
- No 3.5 mm headphone jack support.
- No water or dust resistance for all models.
- No stereo speakers for a better multimedia experience.
- Old design style nothing great.
- No microSD slot to expand memory.
Check out OnePlus 9 Specifications:
|SIM Type||Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|Operating System||Android 11, OxygenOS 188.8.131.52|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm)|
|Processor||Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680|
|Colors||Winter Mist, Arctic Sky, Astral Black|
|Accessories in Box||—|
|Display & Dimensions|
|Touch Screen||Fluid AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1100 nits (peak)|
|Size||6.55 inches, 103.6 cm2 (~87.6% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)|
|Dimensions||160 x 74.2 x 8.7 mm (EU/NA)
160 x 73.9 x 8.1 mm (IN/CN)
|Weight||192 g (EU/NA)
183 g (IN/CN) (6.46 oz)
|Build||Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic frame|
|Other Display Features||Corning Gorilla Glass 5, Always-on display|
|Main Camera Features|
|Triple Camera||48 MP, f/1.8, 23mm (wide), 1/1.43″, 1.12µm, omnidirectional PDAF
50 MP, f/2.2, 14mm (ultrawide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, AF
2 MP, f/2.4, (monochrome)
|Other Features||Hasselblad Color Calibration, dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama|
|Video Recording||8K@30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, Auto HDR, gyro-EIS|
|Selfie Camera Features|
|Single Camera||16 MP, f/2.4, (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.0µm|
|Video Recording||1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS|
|RAM and Storage|
|RAM||8, 12 GB|
|Internal Memory||128, 256 GB|
|Battery Capacity & Features|
|Type||Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable|
|Fast battery Charging||Fast charging 65W, 1-100% in 29 min (advertised)
USB Power Delivery
|Wireless Charging||Fast wireless charging 15W (EU/NA only)|
|Internet & Connectivity|
|Wifi||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot|
|USB Connectivity||USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go|
|Bluetooth||5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD|
|GPS||Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, SBAS|
|Sensors||Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum|
|Additional Features & Apps||IP68 (T-Mobile version only)|
Disclaimer: We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. Source
Check out Xiaomi Mi 10T features which is a competitor to 9