OnePlus 8 high-end smartphone launched into the market. So, check out OnePlus 8 advantages (Pros), disadvantages (Cons), problems and drawbacks/defects before purchasing. Currently, it is available on online shopping sites like Flipkart to buy. OnePlus is increasing the cost of the mobiles every year from now they are no longer considered as flagship killers as they cost similar to other flagship smartphones.
Best Price: Rs.41,999(India), $599(USA)
OnePlus 8 Advantages (Pros):
- OnePlus 8 comes with the latest Android OS 10.
- It offers a 6.55-inch Fluid AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with a good screen-to-body ratio of 88.7% and Multitouch in it.
- Its display has superb pixel density for its full HD resolution(~402 PPI) with a 20:9 aspect ratio.
- The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Supports HDR10+ and 90Hz refresh rate.
- OnePlus 8 comes with OxygenOS 10.0 user interface which offers clean stock android experience and great features.
- It is built with glass front/back that is made up of Gorilla Glass 5 and surrounded by the aluminum frame. The build quality is solid but fragile.
- The device is lightweight to carry with just 180g and 8 mm in thickness.
- It supports Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by).
- OnePlus 8 has equipped with the latest powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Chipset and the performance is very smooth with no lags.
- It encompasses with Octa-core processor and Adreno 650 GPU. So gaming performance is stunning.
- It provides 8/12 GB of RAM for uninterrupted multitasking.
- Brings an internal memory of 128/256 GB.
- It offers Triple 48 MP (f/1.8, 25mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS) + 16 MP (f/2.2, 14mm, 116˚ (ultrawide)) + 2 MP (f/2.4, (macro)) rear camera with additional features like Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama.
- The main camera supports quad HD video recording at 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, Auto HDR, gyro-EIS.
- It offers 16 MP (f/2.0, (wide), 1/3″, 1.0µm) front-facing camera with additional features like Auto-HDR.
- The selfie camera supports full HD video recording at 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS.
- It has a battery capacity of 4300 mAh(Non-removable) which is good for heavy usage. Supports fast charging 30W (50% in 22 min).
- Supports almost all connectives like Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type C, 3G, 4G, 5G, NFC.
- Supports sensors like Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass.
- It offers great stereo speakers
- It is available in Onyx Black, Glacial Green, Interstellar Glow, Polar Silver colors to choose from.
OnePlus 8 Disadvantages (Cons):
- Costly for its features.
- No wireless charging support.
- No 3.5 mm headphone jack support.
- No water or dust resistance.
- No microSD slot to expand memory.
Check out OnePlus 8 Specifications:
|SIM Type||Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|Operating System||Android 10, OxygenOS 10.0|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)|
|Processor||Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)|
|Colors||Onyx Black, Glacial Green, Interstellar Glow, Polar Silver|
|Accessories in Box||—|
|Display & Dimensions|
|Touch Screen||Fluid AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||6.55 inches, 103.6 cm2 (~88.7% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)|
|Dimensions||160.2 x 72.9 x 8 mm (6.31 x 2.87 x 0.31 in)|
|Weight||180 g (6.35 oz)|
|Build||Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame|
|Other Display Features||Corning Gorilla Glass 5, HDR10+, 90Hz refresh rate|
|Main Camera Features|
|Triple Camera||48 MP, f/1.8, 25mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
16 MP, f/2.2, 14mm, 116˚ (ultrawide)
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
|Other Features||Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama|
|Video Recording||4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, Auto HDR, gyro-EIS|
|Selfie Camera Features|
|Single Camera||16 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/3″, 1.0µm|
|Video Recording||1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS|
|RAM and Storage|
|Internal Memory||128/256 GB|
|Battery Capacity & Features|
|Type||Non-removable Li-Ion 4300 mAh battery|
|Fast battery Charging||Yes 30W, 50% in 22 min (advertised)|
|Reverse Wireless Charging||No|
|Internet & Connectivity|
|Wifi||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot|
|USB Connectivity||3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go|
|Bluetooth||5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD|
|GPS||Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, SBAS|
|Sensors||Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass|
|Additional Features & Apps||N/A|
Disclaimer: We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. Source
Check out Apple iPhone SE 2020 features which is a competitor to 8
OnePlus 8 smartphone comes with superb features & performance. It excels in almost all the departments but water resistance and wireless charging, we suggest grabbing this mobile if you are looking for a good mobile around 40k.