LG V40 ThinQ high-end smartphone launched into the market. So, check out LG V40 ThinQ advantages (Pros), disadvantages (Cons), problems and drawbacks/defects before purchasing. Currently, it is not available on online shopping sites like Flipkart, Amazon to buy.
Best Price: Rs.49,999(India), $799(USA)
LG V40 ThinQ Advantages (Pros):
- LG V40 ThinQ comes with latest Android OS, v8.1(Oreo).
- It offers 6.4-inch P-OLED capacitive touchscreen with a good screen-to-body ratio of 83.6% and Multitouch in it.
- Its display has superb pixel density for its Quad HD resolution(~537 PPI) with 19:5:9 aspect ratio.
- The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Supports Dolby Vision/HDR10 compliant and Always-on display.
- LG V40 ThinQ comes with LG UX 7.1 user interface which offers great features.
- It is built with glass front/back that is made up of Gorilla Glass 5 and surrounded by the aluminum frame.
- The device is very lightweight to carry with just 169g and 7.6 mm in thickness.
- It supports Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by).
- LG V40 ThinQ has equipped with powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Chipset and the performance is very smooth with no lags.
- It encompasses with Octa-core processor and Adreno 630 GPU. So gaming performance is stunning.
- It provides 6 GB of RAM for uninterrupted multitasking.
- Brings an internal memory of 64/128 GB and expandable memory is supported up to 512 GB (uses dedicated slot).
- It offers Triple 12 MP (27mm (standard), f/1.5, 1/2.6″, 1.4µm, 3-axis OIS, dual pixel PDAF) + 12 MP (52mm (telephoto), f/2.4, 1.0µm, 2x optical zoom, OIS, PDAF) + (16 MP, 16mm (ultrawide), f/1.9, 1/3.1″, 1.0µm, no AF) rear camera with additional features like LED flash, HDR, panorama.
- The main camera supports quad HD video recording at 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, 24-bit/192kHz stereo sound rec., HDR video, gyro-EIS.
- It offers Dual 8 MP (26mm (standard), f/1.9, 1.4µm) + 5 MP (21mm (wide), f/2.2, 1.4µm) front-facing camera with additional features like HDR.
- The selfie camera supports full HD video recording at 1080p@30fps.
- It has the battery capacity of 3300 mAh(Non-removable) which is good for heavy usage. Supports Fast battery charging, 50% in 36 min (Quick Charge 3.0) and Fast Wireless charging 10W.
- Supports almost all connectives like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type C, 3G, 4G, NFC.
- Supports sensors like Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, color spectrum.
- It offers great loudspeakers with DTS: X Surround Sound and Tuned with Meridian Audio
- Supports FM radio.
- It is available in New Platinum Gray, Carmine Red, New Aurora Black, New Moroccan Blue colors to choose.
- LG V40 ThinQ supports additional features like Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, IP68 certified Water and dust resistance, MIL-STD-810G compliant, aptX HD.
LG V40 ThinQ Disadvantages (Cons):
- No Android 9.0 Pie out of the box.
- No stereo speakers for the better multimedia experience.
Check out LG V40 ThinQ Specifications:
|Model Name||V40 ThinQ|
|SIM Type||Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|Operating System||Android 8.1 (Oreo)|
|Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon 845|
|Processor||Octa-core (4×2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)|
|Colors||New Platinum Gray, Carmine Red, New Aurora Black, New Moroccan Blue|
|Accessories in Box||—|
|Display & Dimensions|
|Touch Screen||P-OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||6.4 inches, 100.5 cm2 (~83.6% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1440 x 3120 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~537 ppi density)|
|Dimensions||158.8 x 75.7 x 7.6 mm (6.25 x 2.98 x 0.30 in)|
|Weight||169 g (5.96 oz)|
|Build||Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame|
|Other Display Features||Multi-Touch, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, Dolby Vision/HDR10 compliant, Always-on display, LG UX 7.1|
|Main Camera Features|
|Triple Camera||12 MP, 27mm (standard), f/1.5, 1/2.6″, 1.4µm, 3-axis OIS, dual pixel PDAF
12 MP, 52mm (telephoto), f/2.4, 1.0µm, 2x optical zoom, OIS, PDAF
16 MP, 16mm (ultrawide), f/1.9, 1/3.1″, 1.0µm, no AF
|Other Features||LED flash, HDR, panorama|
|Video Recording||2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, 24-bit/192kHz stereo sound rec., HDR video, gyro-EIS|
|Selfie Camera Features|
|Dual Camera||8 MP, 26mm (standard), f/1.9, 1.4µm
5 MP, 21mm (wide), f/2.2, 1.4µm
|RAM and Storage|
|Internal Memory||64/128 GB|
|Expandable Memory||microSD, up to 512 GB (uses a dedicated slot)|
|Battery Capacity & Features|
|Type & Capacity||Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery|
|Fast Battery Charging||50% in 36 min (Quick Charge 3.0)|
|Wireless Charging||Fast wireless charging 10W|
|Internet & Connectivity|
|Wifi||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot|
|USB Connectivity||2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector (PowerDelivery 2.0)|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO|
|FM||Stereo FM radio with RDS|
|Water Proof||IP68 dust/waterproof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)|
|Sensors||Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, color spectrum.|
|Additional Features & Apps||Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, DTS: X Surround Sound, Tuned with Meridian Audio, MIL-STD-810G compliant|
Disclaimer: We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. Source
Check out Samsung Galaxy Note 9 features which is a competitor to V40 ThinQ
9.5 Total Score
Flagship All Rounder !!
LG V40 ThinQ smartphone comes with superb features & performance for its price. It excels in all the departments, we suggest grabbing this mobile if you are looking for a good flagship mobile.