Gionee launched a new high end smartphone called “S9” to the market. Expected price of this huge budget smartphone is around Rs. 29,999/- in India and $454 in USA. It haven’t released to the market, but expected to release by November end, 2016. But before that, check it’s complete advantages, disadvantages, price & specifications.
Expected Price: Rs.29,999(India), $454(USA)
- Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- 5.5 inches, LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.0 GHz Cortex-A53) processor
- Mediatek MT6755 Helio P10 chipset.
- 4 GB RAM.
- Dual 13 MP + 5 MP rear camera, 13 MP secondary camera
- 3000 mAh Battery
Advantages of Gionee S9:
- Gionee S9 runs on Android OS, v6.0.1(Marshmallow).
- Presents 5.5-inch LTPS IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen with Multitouch in it.
- It provides 4 GB RAM.
- It encompasses with Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.0 GHz Cortex-A53) processor.
- It is built with Mediatek MT6755 Helio P10 chipset.
- Constitutes with an internal memory of 64 GB and with expandable memory support up to 256 GB via microSD but uses SIM 2 slot.
- Its display has stunning pixel density which is of ~401 ppi.
- It also has great screen-to-body ratio which is of approximately ~70.8 that gives you wide look while watching videos.
- Comes with stunning Dual 13 MP + 5 MP rear camera and 13 MP front facing camera and with phase detection autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR
- Supports Dual SIM feature where slots are used for Nano SIM’s.
- Supports HD video recording 1080p@30fps.
- It is available in multiple color variants like Black, Gold, Rose Gold
- It has a battery capacity of 3000 mAh which is an average for it’s display and also it is a Non Removable Battery device.
- Performance is good with out any logs.
- Supports almost all connectives like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, GPS, USB, 3G, 4G.
- It comes with additional features like Photo/video editor, Document viewer, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, 24-bit/192kHz audio, DTS sound
- Supports sensors like Fingerprint, accelerometer, proximity, compass
Disadvantages of Gionee S9:
- No NFC support.
- No fast battery charging.
- It is bit heavy to carry.
- Comes as Non Removable Battery Device.
- Battery capacity need to be improved
Model Name: S9
SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
Operating System: Android OS, v6.0.1(Marshmallow)
Processor: Octa-core (4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
Chipset: Mediatek MT6755 Helio P10
Colors: Black, Gold, Rose Gold
Accessories in Box: --
Touch Screen: LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Display Size: 5.5 inches (~70.8% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density)
Other Display Features: Multitouch with 3D Touch display & Amigo OS 3.5 along with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
Dimensions: 154.2 x 76.4 x 7.4 mm
Weight: 168.2 g (5.93 oz)
Rear Camera: Dual 13 MP + 5 MP
Front Camera: 13 MP
Video Recording: 1080p@30fps
Other Camera Features: phase detection autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR
Type: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
Talk Time: --
Standby Time: --
Memory & Storage
Internal: 64 GB
Expandable Memory: microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
RAM: 4 GB
3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Wifi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
USB Connectivity: microUSB v2.0, USB Host
Bluetooth: v4.0, A2DP
GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
Sensors: Fingerprint, accelerometer, proximity, compass
Additional Features & Apps: Photo/video editor, Document viewer, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, 24-bit/192kHz audio, DTS sound
Gionee S9 comes with comes some decent features at it's high range. We suggest you to go through it's complete features and think of it...