Apple launched a new high-end smartphone called iPhone 8 into the market. The price is around Rs.60,000/- in India and $699 in the USA. Currently, it is available on the online shopping sites like Flipkart, Amazon to buy. So, check out Apple iPhone 8 complete advantages, disadvantages, price & specifications before purchasing.
Best Price: Rs.60,000(India), $699(USA)
- Latest iOS 11 version.
- LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors.
- Ultra powerful Apple A11 Bionic chipset.
- 12 MP rear camera, 7 MP front camera.
- Hexa Core processor.
- 2 GB RAM.
- 1821 mAh battery.
Advantages of Apple iPhone 8:
- Apple iPhone 8 comes with latest iOS 11.
- It flaunts with 4.7-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors and Multitouch in it
- It provides 2 GB RAM for multitasking.
- It equipped with Hexa-core processor
- It is built with powerful chipset ever in smartphone history called Apple A11 Bionic Chipset which is nearly 2 faster from iPhone 6s
- Brings an internal memory of 64/256 GB and with no expandable memory support.
- Comes with 12 MP rear camera and with additional features like f/1.8, 28mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, quad-LED (dual tone) flash, Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama).
- Comes with 7 MP front camera and with additional features like f/2.2, 1080p@30fps, 720p@240fps, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Its display has good pixel density for its resolution (~326 PPI pixel density) which is required for its 4.7-inch screen.
- Quad HD video recording at 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@240fps
- Comes with Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating as a screen protection feature.
- Apple iPhone 8 is IP67 certified – dust and water resistant device.
- It is a water resistant up to 1 meter and 30 minutes.
- It comes with Retina HD Display which is the brightest, more colorful display yet in iPhone History.
- It comes with stereo speakers which double the audio output with increased dynamic range.
- The Earpods in this model comes with a lightning connector, but you can also listen using your old headphones, you can plug them into a 3.5 mm headphone jack adaptor.
- Comes in multiple color variants like Silver, Space Gray, Gold.
- Performance is extraordinary with no lags
- Its design and build quality are great
- It has the battery capacity of 1821 mAh which is moderate for heavy usage.
- Supports almost all connectives like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, 3G, 4G, NFC.
- It comes with additional features like Fast battery charging: 50% in 30 min, Qi wireless charging, Siri natural language commands and dictation, iCloud cloud service, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, 3.5 mm to lightning headphone adapter incl.
- Supports sensors like Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
Disadvantages of Apple iPhone 8:
- Its battery capacity is average.
- Supports only single SIM.
- No full HD display resolution.
- No fast charger provided in the box (and the optional one is expensive)
- No 3.5 mm headphone jack.
- No expandable memory support.
- Design looks same like three years old iPhone 6
- Poor screen-to-body ratio (too much bezel for the size)
Check out specifications for Apple iPhone 8:
|Model Name||iPhone 8|
|SIM Type||Single Nano-SIM|
|Operating System||iOS 11, upgradable to iOS 11.1|
|Processor||Hexa-core (2x Monsoon + 4x Mistral)|
|Chipset||Apple A11 Bionic|
|Colors||Silver, Space Gray, Gold/td>|
|Accessories in Box||—|
|Display & Dimensions|
|Touch Screen||LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||4.7 inches, 60.9 cm2 (~65.4% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||750 x 1334 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~326 ppi density)|
|Dimensions||138.4 x 67.3 x 7.3 mm (5.45 x 2.65 x 0.29 in)|
|Weight||148 g (5.22 oz)|
|Other Display Features||Multi-Touch, Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating, Wide color gamut display, 3D Touch display & home button, True-tone display|
|Primary Camera||12 MP|
|Secondary Camera||7 MP|
|Video Recording||2160p@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps|
|Other Camera Features||f/1.8, 28mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, quad-LED (dual tone) flash, Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)|
|Type||Non-removable Li-Ion 1821 mAh battery (6.96 Wh)|
|Talk Time||Up to 14 h (3G)|
|Memory and Storage|
|Memory||2 GB RAM|
|Internet & Connectivity|
|Wifi||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot|
|USB Connectivity||2.0, proprietary reversible connector|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE|
|NFC||Yes (Apple Pay only)|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS/td>|
|Sensors||Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer|
|Additional Features & Apps||Fast battery charging: 50% in 30 min, Qi wireless charging, Siri natural language commands and dictation, iCloud cloud service, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic.|
|Apple iPhone 8 Price in India is Rs.60,000/-|
Disclaimer: We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
Check out Samsung Galaxy S8 features which is a competitor to iPhone 8
Apple iPhone 8 smartphone comes with just incremental updates there is nothing new on this smartphone. It is very pricey for its features. Please check other mobiles before purchasing.