Apple iPhone 12 Pro high-end smartphone launched into the market. So, check out Apple iPhone 12 Pro advantages (Pros), disadvantages (Cons), problems, and drawbacks/defects before purchasing. Currently, it is available on online shopping sites like Flipkart, Amazon to buy.
Best Price: Rs.1,19,999(India), $1199(USA)
Apple iPhone 12 Pro Advantages (Pros):
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro comes with the latest OS iOS 14.1, upgradable to iOS 14.2.
- It offers a 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR OLED, HDR10 touchscreen with a good screen-to-body ratio of 86% and Multitouch in it.
- Its display has good pixel density for its full HD resolution(~460 PPI) with a 19:5:9 aspect ratio.
- The display is protected by Scratch-resistant ceramic glass, oleophobic coating.
- Supports Dolby Vision, Wide color gamut, True-tone.
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro comes with an iOS user interface that offers great features.
- It is built with a glass front/back that is made up of Gorilla Glass and surrounded by a steel frame.
- The device is very lightweight to carry with just 189g and 7.4 mm in thickness.
- It supports Single SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) – for China.
- It supports 5G connectivity for faster internet speeds.
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro has equipped with a powerful Apple A14 Bionic (5 nm) Chipset and the performance is very smooth with no lags.
- It encompasses with Hexa-core (2×3.1 GHz Firestorm + 4×1.8 GHz Icestorm) processor and Apple GPU (4-core graphics) GPU. So gaming performance is stunning.
- It provides 6 GB of RAM for uninterrupted multitasking.
- Brings an internal memory of 128/256/512 GB.
- It offers a Quad 12 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (wide), 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS + 12 MP, f/2.0, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom + 12 MP, f/2.4, 120˚, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/3.6″ + TOF 3D LiDAR scanner (depth) rear camera with additional features like Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR (photo/panorama).
- The main camera supports quad HD video recording at 4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps, 10‑bit HDR, Dolby Vision HDR (up to 60fps), stereo sound rec.
- It offers a Dual 12 MP, f/2.2, 23mm (wide), 1/3.6″ + SL 3D, (depth/biometrics sensor) front-facing camera with additional features like HDR.
- The selfie camera supports quad HD video recording at 4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS.
- It has a battery capacity of Li-Ion 2815 mAh, non-removable (10.78 Wh) which is good for heavy usage. Supports Fast charging 20W, 50% in 30 min (advertised), USB Power Delivery 2.0, and Qi magnetic fast wireless charging 15W.
- Supports other connectives like Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type C, 3G, 4G, NFC.
- Supports sensors like Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer.
- It offers great stereo loudspeakers.
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro is available in Silver, Graphite, Gold, Pacific Blue colors to choose from.
- It supports additional features like IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 6m for 30 mins), Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified) Siri natural language commands, and dictation.
Apple iPhone 12 Pro Disadvantages (Cons):
- Very costly for its features.
- Come with the old Bluetooth 5.0 version. The latest is Bluetooth 5.1.
- No 3.5 mm headphone jack support.
- Old design style nothing great.
- No microSD slot to expand memory.
- No high refresh rate screen
- No charger or headphones in the box
- FaceID does not work with a mask on.
Check out Apple iPhone 12 Pro Specifications:
|Model Name||iPhone 12 Pro|
|SIM Type||Single SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) – for China|
|Operating System||iOS 14.1, upgradable to iOS 14.2|
|Chipset||Apple A14 Bionic (5 nm)|
|Processor||Hexa-core (2×3.1 GHz Firestorm + 4×1.8 GHz Icestorm)|
|GPU||Apple GPU (4-core graphics)|
|Colors||Silver, Graphite, Gold, Pacific Blue|
|Accessories in Box||—|
|Display & Dimensions|
|Touch Screen||Super Retina XDR OLED, HDR10, 800 nits (typ), 1200 nits (peak)|
|Size||6.1 inches, 90.2 cm2 (~86.0% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1170 x 2532 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~460 ppi density)|
|Dimensions||146.7 x 71.5 x 7.4 mm (5.78 x 2.81 x 0.29 in)|
|Weight||189 g (6.67 oz)|
|Build||Glass front (Gorilla Glass), glass back (Gorilla Glass), stainless steel frame|
|Other Display Features||Scratch-resistant ceramic glass, oleophobic coating, Dolby Vision
Wide color gamut
|Main Camera Features|
|Quad Camera||12 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (wide), 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS
12 MP, f/2.0, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom
12 MP, f/2.4, 120˚, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/3.6″
TOF 3D LiDAR scanner (depth)
|Other Features||Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR (photo/panorama)|
|Video Recording||4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps, 10‑bit HDR, Dolby Vision HDR (up to 60fps), stereo sound rec.|
|Selfie Camera Features|
|Dual Camera||12 MP, f/2.2, 23mm (wide), 1/3.6″
SL 3D, (depth/biometrics sensor)
|Video Recording||4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS|
|RAM and Storage|
|Internal Memory||128/256/512 GB|
|Battery Capacity & Features|
|Type||Li-Ion 2815 mAh, non-removable (10.78 Wh)|
|Fast battery Charging||Fast charging 20W, 50% in 30 min (advertised)
USB Power Delivery 2.0
|Wireless Charging||Qi magnetic fast wireless charging 15W|
|Internet & Connectivity|
|Wifi||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, hotspot|
|USB Connectivity||Lightning, USB 2.0|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS|
|Water Proof||IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 6m for 30 mins)|
|Sensors||Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer|
|Additional Features & Apps||Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified) Siri natural language commands and dictation|
Disclaimer: We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. Source
Check out Oppo Find X2 Pro features which is a competitor to iPhone 12 Pro
Apple iPhone 12 Pro smartphone comes with superb features & performance, but it is overpriced in India if you compare the price with the USA. If you are not an Apple fan, better go with Samsung or OnePlus flagship mobiles to save some money.