Apple iPhone 12 Mini high-end smartphone launched into the market with a compact design which we are missing for so many days. So, check out Apple iPhone 12 Mini advantages (Pros), disadvantages (Cons), problems, and drawbacks/defects before purchasing. Currently, it is available on online shopping sites like Apple, Flipkart, Amazon to buy.
Best Price: Rs.69,999(India), $699(USA)
Apple iPhone 12 Mini Advantages (Pros):
- Apple iPhone 12 Mini comes with the latest iOS 14.1, upgradable to iOS 14.2.
- It offers 5.4-inch Super Retina XDR OLED capacitive touchscreen with a good screen-to-body ratio of 85.1% and Multitouch in it.
- Its display has superb pixel density for its HD resolution(~476 PPI) with a 19:5:9 aspect ratio.
- The display is protected by Scratch-resistant ceramic glass, oleophobic coating.
- Supports Dolby Vision, Wide color gamut, True-tone, and HDR10, 625 nits (typ), 1200 nits (peak).
- Apple iPhone 12 Mini comes with an Apple user interface that offers great features.
- It is built with glass front/back that is made up of Gorilla Glass and surrounded by an aluminum frame.
- The device is very lightweight to carry with just 135g and 7.4 mm in thickness.
- It supports Single SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM).
- Apple iPhone 12 Mini has equipped with a powerful Apple A14 Bionic (5 nm) Chipset and the performance is very smooth with no lags.
- It encompasses with Hexa-core processor and Apple GPU (4-core graphics) GPU. So gaming performance is stunning.
- It provides 4 GB of RAM for uninterrupted multitasking.
- Brings an internal memory of 64/128/256 GB
- It offers Dual 12 MP (f/1.6, 26mm (wide), 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS) + 12 MP (f/2.4, 120˚, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/3.6″) rear camera with additional features like Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR (photo/panorama).
- The main camera supports quad HD video recording at 4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps, HDR, Dolby Vision HDR (up to 30fps), stereo sound rec.
- It offers Dual 12 MP (f/2.2, 23mm (wide), 1/3.6″) + SL 3D, (depth/biometrics sensor) front-facing camera with additional features like HDR.
- The selfie camera supports 4k video recording at 4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS.
- It has a battery capacity of 2227 mAh(Non-removable) which is good for heavy usage. Supports Fast charging 20W, 50% in 30 min (advertised), and Qi magnetic fast wireless charging 15W.
- Supports almost all connectives like Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, 3G, 4G, 5G, and NFC.
- Supports sensors like Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer.
- It offers great loudspeakers best in smartphones
- It is available in Black, White, Red, Green, Blue colors to choose from.
- Apple iPhone 12 Mini supports additional features like IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 6m for 30 mins), Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified).
Apple iPhone 12 Mini Disadvantages (Cons):
- Costly for its features.
- No USB Type C reversible connector support
- No 3.5 mm headphone jack support.
- Battery life is not great when compared with the previous generation
- No charger or headphones in the box.
- No high refresh rate screen.
- FaceID does not work with a mask on.
- Old design style nothing great.
- No microSD slot to expand memory.
Check out Apple iPhone 12 Mini Specifications:
|Model Name||iPhone 12 Mini|
|SIM Type||Single SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) – for China|
|Operating System||iOS 14.1, upgradable to iOS 14.2|
|Chipset||Apple A14 Bionic (5 nm)|
|Processor||Hexa-core (2×3.1 GHz Firestorm + 4×1.8 GHz Icestorm)|
|GPU||Apple GPU (4-core graphics)|
|Colors||Black, White, Red, Green, Blue|
|Accessories in Box||—|
|Display & Dimensions|
|Touch Screen||Super Retina XDR OLED, HDR10, 625 nits (typ), 1200 nits (peak)|
|Size||5.4 inches, 71.9 cm2 (~85.1% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~476 PPI density)|
|Dimensions||131.5 x 64.2 x 7.4 mm (5.18 x 2.53 x 0.29 in)|
|Weight||135 g (4.76 oz)|
|Build||Glass front (Gorilla Glass), glass back (Gorilla Glass), aluminum frame|
|Other Display Features||Scratch-resistant ceramic glass, oleophobic coating, Dolby Vision, Wide color gamut, True-tone|
|Main Camera Features|
|Dual Camera||12 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (wide), 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS
12 MP, f/2.4, 120˚, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/3.6″
|Other Features||Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR (photo/panorama)|
|Video Recording||4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps, HDR, Dolby Vision HDR (up to 30fps), stereo sound rec.|
|Selfie Camera Features|
|Dual Camera||12 MP, f/2.2, 23mm (wide), 1/3.6″
SL 3D, (depth/biometrics sensor)
|Video Recording||4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS|
|RAM and Storage|
|Internal Memory||64/128/256 GB|
|Battery Capacity & Features|
|Type||Non-removable Li-Ion 2227 mAh battery|
|Fast battery Charging||Fast charging 20W, 50% in 30 min (advertised)|
|Wireless Charging||Qi magnetic fast wireless charging 15W|
|Internet & Connectivity|
|Wifi||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, hotspot|
|USB Connectivity||Lightning, USB 2.0|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS|
|Water Proof||IP68 dust/waterproof (up to 6m for 30 mins)|
|Sensors||Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer|
|Additional Features & Apps||USB Power Delivery 2.0, Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)|
Disclaimer: We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. Source
Check out Google Pixel 4A features which is a competitor to iPhone 12 Mini