Having a clean home is something that most adults covet because it is so hard to maintain. Life is busy and there are competing priorities as well as never enough time in the day to get everything done that you want to accomplish. The easiest way to keep your home tidy is to create a routine. Your cleaning routine can be as simple as setting a day to do laundry and put it away, do the dishes every night, and schedule an annual carpet cleaning for your home. If you are on a meager budget, you should consider investing in a carpet steam cleaner and do the annual cleaning yourself. For what you will spend on a professional to come in, you can spend on the actual device so that you can do it yourself as often as you want. This article will highlight some of the most important things to look for in a carpet steam cleaner in 2018. If you want additional information, this review, https://steamclean.reviews/best-carpet-steamers-cleaners/ has some great tips that will also help you select the best carpet cleaner for your needs.
- Consider investing in a full-size machine. While they may be a bit more expensive than the smaller version, they will not only work much better, but the cleaner will also be much lighter in weight. The machine will likely clean better because the machine is a more heavy duty and can handle tough stains with their brushes and cleaning solution.
- Attachments. Some cleaners will come with a variety of attachments. Brushes and pieces that help you reach the hardest to reach spots in your home can really come in handy. Having an upright steam cleaner can help you get tough to reach spots such as staircases, small spots in between pieces of furniture, and all types of flooring.
- Moving brushes are helpful. If you can find a model that fits within your price range that offers moving brushes, this is a great feature. The reason for this is that moving brushes will help to scrub stains and well-worn carpets. A standard brush may run over the surface, but it won’t scrub the fibers with soap like a moving brush does.
- The pros and cons of a large tank. While having a large tank means that you won’t have to refill it as much, it also means that the steam cleaner will be much heavier to maneuver. You will have to determine if it is worth it to you to not have to fill the tank up as much or if you would rather have a lighter machine that is easier to push around but you’ll have to fill up the tank frequently. It is important to mention that some tanks offer a shutoff feature when too much dirty solution has been sucked up from the carpets.
- Long hose. While not imperative to being able to steam clean your carpets, a longer hose can come in handy if you want to clean your staircase or even the upholstery on your couch. While you may not think that you will use your steam cleaner for such things, it is a nice feature and something that could come in handy.